Are you looking for the perfect cubby house for your little ones to play in? Shopping for a cubby house can be overwhelming with all the choices out there, but don't worry - we have you covered! In this article, we'll provide an ultimate guide to buying and styling the perfect cubby house for your kids. From tips on where to buy and what features to look for, to fun styling ideas that will make your little one's cubby house extra special, this guide has it all. So let's get started!
What to Consider When Buying A Cubby House
There are a few things you should take into consideration when purchasing a cubby house for your children. Below are some key points to think about before making your final decision.
-Safety: The most important factor when choosing a cubby house is safety. Make sure the model you select has been tested and approved by a recognised safety organisation.
-Size: Another important consideration is size. Cubby houses come in all different shapes and sizes, so it's important to select one that will be suitable for your child's age and height.
-Style: There are many different styles of cubby houses available on the market, so it's important to choose one that will fit in with your home's existing decor.
-Budget: Cubby houses can range in price from hundreds of dollars to several thousand, so it's important to set a realistic budget before beginning your search.
Best Cubby Houses To Shop Online in Australia
There are many options on the market when searching for the right cubby house for your child. Here is a list of some of the best cubby houses you can buy online in Australia without breaking the bank.
ROVO KIDS Cottage Style Wooden Outdoor Cubby House Girls Childrens Playhouse
Aussie kids of all ages enjoy playing in the great outdoors. Rovo Kids Wooden Cubby House will bring the little ones' outdoor play to a whole new level as they enjoy safely playing in their own space.
Its weather-resistant wood construction allows year-round outdoor play, allowing your kids to play for hours without having to go inside! The cubby house is equipped with large windows that let in plenty of natural light.
This cubby house also has a large front door, so you can watch your children's imaginative play from the comfort of your own home. Further, the cubby house construction is glass-free with non-toxic paint and has rounded corners around the window frames for added safety. Not least, the roof is weather-resistant and offers shade during summer and shelter during winter.
Made from sturdy fir wood, the cottage-style cubby house is sure to put a big smile on your little one's face.
BYD Spring Cottage Cubby House
Adding a spacious playhouse like the Spring Cottage by Backyard Discovery will make your backyard stand out. Among its kind, this playhouse is the biggest and most unique. You're sure to turn some heads with the beautiful colours and contemporary curved roof design.
In the fully-stocked kitchen, your children will enjoy preparing feasts for all your neighbours while sitting at the snack window and skipping through the garden gate.
Featuring 13 interactive features such as sliceable fruit, flower box, porch light, doorbell, and toy phone, this cedar playhouse will provide your kids with endless entertainment and imagination. You can watch your kid's exchange notes in the mailbox, or let them create a masterpiece on the chalkboard with this cubby house.
100% cedar is used in the construction of the Spring Cottage. It is less likely that small cracks will develop emanating from knots in lumber with a small, tight knot structure.
Archie Cubby House with Green Slide
You won't find a more unique cubby house than Archie Cubby House, which comes with a slide in addition to the other amenities. This ladder and slide will encourage your little ones to spend time outdoors every day.
With the Archie Cubby House, your kids will have a blast playing, making memories, and having fun. A matte stained natural wood finish adorns the top of the cubby house, which is made from high-quality timber.
Moreover, the cubby house is equipped with sturdy handles and a side ladder. Framed with a painted white picket fence, painted window frames and perspex windows, the frame is embellished with the right semblance of beauty.
Decorating Ideas for the Perfect Cubby House
When it comes to decorating a cubby house, there are endless possibilities. But where do you start? Here are some ideas to help get you started:
- Start with the basics: paint, curtains and carpet.
- Get creative with wall art. Stencils, stickers and even hand-painted murals can add personality to your child's cubby house.
- Furnishings make a big difference too. beanbags, cushions, rugs and small tables and chairs can turn a cubby house into a cosy home away from home.
- Lighting is important for both function and ambience. Fairy lights, lanterns and solar-powered lights can create a magical space for your kids to enjoy.
- Accessories such as plants, fake animals or dolls can also bring life to a cubby house. Let your child's imagination run wild!
Creative Ways To Personalize Your Kids' Cubby House
One way to ensure you get the perfect cubby house for your children is to personalize it to their specific interests and personality. Here are some creative ways to do just that:
- Use bright and bold paint colors to create a fun and vibrant space that your kids will love.
- Add unique elements like a climbing wall or slide to make it extra special.
- Incorporate your kids' favorite characters or themes into the design, such as Disney or Star Wars.
- Create a reading nook inside the cubby house with cushions and pillows for cozy storytelling sessions.
- Hang up pretty curtains or fairy lights around the windows and doors for a magical touch.
By taking the time to personalize your kids' cubby house, you'll create a space that they'll absolutely love and cherish for years to come.
Safety Tips For Kids Playing in a Cubby House
It's important to make sure your kids are safe when they're playing in their cubby house. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind:
- Make sure the cubby house is placed on level ground so that it doesn't tip over.
- Inspect the cubby house regularly for any sharp edges or points that could hurt your child.
- Teach your child not to climb on the roof of the cubby house, as this could be dangerous.
- If there are stairs leading up to the door of the cubby house, make sure there is a handrail installed so that your child can grip onto something while climbing up and down.
- Don't let your child play in the cubby house alone; always supervise them while they're inside.
With the ultimate guide to buying and styling the perfect cubby house for your baby & kids, it's easy to find a wonderful new space for them to explore and create. From selecting the right materials to choosing fun accessories, there are endless possibilities when it comes to creating a unique and inviting cubby house that will give your children years of joy. With our tips in mind, you're sure to be able to pick out the perfect cubby house that will help bring lots of imaginative playtime into your family's life!